Solved! Acer laptop no bootable device error and can't get into bios setup in no way, what can I do?

Sep 14, 2019
Hi guys,

I got an Acer travelmate laptop which recently shows the "no bootable device hit any key" error when I turn it on.

No key works except the ESC. When I hit it a page opens with "boot manager" title. It shows 3 options for boot: my hdd, my dvd drive and nerwork. No matter which option I choose and press Enter, nothing happen and again the no bootable device appears.

The problem is that the Acer logo doesn't appear, so, I have no way to into bios setup and fix the boot issue.

Please help me with this issue if you have ever faced the same or know the reason.

Many thanks
Aghil

Solution
It is possible the computer is using "Fast Boot/Startup" which would explain no BIOS. You can try the following...

1. Make sure the laptop is turned off. Not in Hibernate or Sleep mode.

2. Press the power button and hold it down. The system should emit three short beeps from the speaker, or headphones if you have them plugged in.

3. After the beeps, release the power button 'before' the 4-second shutdown override.

4. The power button menu should now display.

5. Press F3 to disable Fast Boot/Startup and you should be able to access BIOS now.

To enable Fast Fast Boot/Startup:

1. When the laptop boots up, enter the BIOS setup by pressing "F2".
  2. Now go to the "Boot Configuration menu".
  3. Choose the "Enable Fast Boot/Startup"...
It is possible the computer is using "Fast Boot/Startup" which would explain no BIOS. You can try the following...

1. Make sure the laptop is turned off. Not in Hibernate or Sleep mode.

2. Press the power button and hold it down. The system should emit three short beeps from the speaker, or headphones if you have them plugged in.

3. After the beeps, release the power button 'before' the 4-second shutdown override.

4. The power button menu should now display.

5. Press F3 to disable Fast Boot/Startup and you should be able to access BIOS now.

To enable Fast Fast Boot/Startup:

1. When the laptop boots up, enter the BIOS setup by pressing "F2".
  2. Now go to the "Boot Configuration menu".
  3. Choose the "Enable Fast Boot/Startup".
  4. Press F10 to save the changes and exit.

Solution