Acer Laptop Power light is on but won't boot!

Sep 6, 2018
Hi,

I have an issue with my Acer V3-531. When I press the power button, nothing happens although the power button back light comes on, and so does the charging light on the rim of the laptop. It doesn't make a sound. I'm really not sure what is the matter and looking to you guys for help!
I have tried the flushing the power or static thing (Disconnecting everything, holding the power button for 60 secs etc) but that didn't work. I've taken out the RAM sticks and cleaned them. still nothing!

I think it is dead, but help! You're my only hope.

Solution
Oh god weird? I’m having the exact same problem right now with my acer.
I used it perfectly fine last night and it played videos and I went through documents fine! But then I go to boot it up today and the only thing it’s doing is showings those two lights (and the charging light when I plug it in)
But there’s no fan sound, no, starting up noise, no nothing....
I did the battery, ram, and everything too : ( sorry I have no solution but since I have the step for step same problem here I figured I’d comment

ETA: ok well??? I kinda just let it sit for a while, on, and just laid myself facedown on the bed in defeat and left it for about 15-20 minutes and suddenly I heard the soft “wrrrrrrrr” of the fan going and it works fine now...

SgtScream

Estimable
Dec 8, 2016

Make sure the two part charger is connected properly and try a different wall outlet. Also see if you get display from another monitor connected to the laptop.

Sep 6, 2018

Hi,

Still the same unfortunately, tried it in a few different wall sockets and through the VGA cable to the TV. Just getting the same thing, the power light comes on and the light around the side, but nothing else. No sound from the fan or any booting up noises you would expect.
Do you think it could be a hardware issue?

Oct 17, 2018
Oh god weird? I’m having the exact same problem right now with my acer.
I used it perfectly fine last night and it played videos and I went through documents fine! But then I go to boot it up today and the only thing it’s doing is showings those two lights (and the charging light when I plug it in)
But there’s no fan sound, no, starting up noise, no nothing....
I did the battery, ram, and everything too : ( sorry I have no solution but since I have the step for step same problem here I figured I’d comment

ETA: ok well??? I kinda just let it sit for a while, on, and just laid myself facedown on the bed in defeat and left it for about 15-20 minutes and suddenly I heard the soft “wrrrrrrrr” of the fan going and it works fine now?????
So : ( Idk what happened, but I hope yours starts up soon.

Solution