Acer Laptop Screen Not Turning On? (Blue light blinks, Orange light remains steady)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiraEze

Estimable
Dec 2, 2015
I have an Acer Aspire V 14 Touch and I accidentally left it on for a night, but it is set to sleep after 10 mins and the charger was plugged in. The next morning I pressed some keys, expecting it to wake from sleep mode but the screen remained black. So I manually shut it down, then I turned it on, the screen remained black. The charger was still in, and the orange battery light was steady but the blue power light turned on and off, and kept on blinking.

Sorry if that was long winded, I just wanted to be detailed. I've read through other people's predicaments and tried to take out the battery and charger and press the power button and then leave it for 20 minutes which didn't do anything.

Nothing has changed--when plugged in, the orange battery light is steady. Still, when the power button is pressed, the screen remains black and the blue power light keeps on blinking.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you.

Solution
Hi,

Do try these following steps that may help.
- Do a hard reset first, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and try booting it up.
- If this will not work, connect an external monitor while the laptops is on. If you'll get a display from it press the Windows key + P at the same time and select Disconnect Projector or Display Only and press Enter, see if you'll get the display back onto the built in display.
- Next to try is to reseat the RAM, take them all off for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are seated properly into each slot.
- Another troubleshooting step you may want to do is to try another AC adapter because it may just be a case of a bad AC...
Hi,

Do try these following steps that may help.
- Do a hard reset first, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and try booting it up.
- If this will not work, connect an external monitor while the laptops is on. If you'll get a display from it press the Windows key + P at the same time and select Disconnect Projector or Display Only and press Enter, see if you'll get the display back onto the built in display.
- Next to try is to reseat the RAM, take them all off for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are seated properly into each slot.
- Another troubleshooting step you may want to do is to try another AC adapter because it may just be a case of a bad AC adapter.
- If all these will not work that means it's a problem with the motherboard then.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.