Acer laptop sometimes says "No bootable device found"

Marrobot

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
Hey,

My laptop has recently got a very weird problem when sometimes when i wanted to boot it, it says "No bootable device found".
The weird part about it is that when i reboot, my laptop boots fine! If my hard disk had failed, it wouldn't boot at all!

Specs:
Acer Aspire E15 E5-572G-57AA
Intel Core i5-4210M
NVIDIA GeForce 840M
8GB DDR3 L Memory
8 GB SSD + 1000 GB Hybrid HDD

Solution
Well you definitely have some type of problem with your hard drive.

The fixe could be as simple as reseating the hard drive. That means physically disconnect the hard drive, then reconnect it to the laptop.

If the problem persists, then it could be one of two other problems:

#1 - The hard drive is actually starting to fail and should be replaced. Do so before it actually fails if you want important files on it.

#2 - The hard drive controller chip / the SATA itself is starting to fail. You will need to bring it in to a repair shop to get it diagnosed.
Well you definitely have some type of problem with your hard drive.

The fixe could be as simple as reseating the hard drive. That means physically disconnect the hard drive, then reconnect it to the laptop.

If the problem persists, then it could be one of two other problems:

#1 - The hard drive is actually starting to fail and should be replaced. Do so before it actually fails if you want important files on it.

#2 - The hard drive controller chip / the SATA itself is starting to fail. You will need to bring it in to a repair shop to get it diagnosed.

Solution

Marrobot

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
My laptop seems to have fixed itself as I haven't had the issue in a long time.
As for a potential fix, maybe try opening the laptop and ensuring the SATA cable connecting the hard drive to the main board is seated properly and isn't damaged.
I hope this helps.