Acer laptop stuck in loop preparing automatic repair can't get out of loop help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Thanks but I already figured it out....just hitting the ESC key several times worked. I just needed to get it out of the "preparing automatic repair loop" it was stuck in.
Note: If this problem started after an update (or system reinstall), please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.

Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

Melissa_57

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017

Melissa_57

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017
Thanks but I already figured it out....just hitting the ESC key several times worked. I just needed to get it out of the "preparing automatic repair loop" it was stuck in.

Solution

Ananya_23

Prominent
Apr 18, 2017
Did you keep hitting the Esc key while it said 'diagnosing your pc'? I tried doing this but it ends up showing the Restartor advanced options page. What to do next. Please help.

plunkett

Prominent
Jul 6, 2017
I have an Acer Aspire 7750g. It keeps going to preparing automatic repair then a rotating cycle. Then a blank screen. I can't seem to go any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.