Acer laptop was stolen

Gilbert Grape

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
Hello,
My Acer laptop was stolen and i only have it's serial number. I did report to the police but is there any other ways that i can track my laptop. Is there any website that i can post my laptop details to help me get a chace to get my laptop back?!? (T_T) Thank you:

Gilbert Grape;(

thor220

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
There might be one way. Your router/modem might have a client log you can check out. It should list the time/date of connection and the mac address/ host name. Once you get the mac address, give the info to the police. This will defiantly help them get your lappy back.

Hi :)

You are welcome...

On my expensive phone I have Norton Mobile Security installed....

I have the knowledge that if lost or stolen , I can find it on Google maps, and either recover it, or tell the police where it is, or wipe it, or even take pictures remotely from it of the thief lol...

There is similar software for Lappies...

All the best Brett :)

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
If you didn't already change your passwords if your laptop saves them (I would even if it didn't just in case). Even if you had it password protected.

Beyond that sorry to hear it was stolen. There isn't much you can do unfortunately.

Gilbert Grape

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
Unfortunately, it's newly bought so i didnt even set the password for my laptop;( Anyway, im working on getting the Mac Address from Acer, that might help to get to another step to track my lappy back;((