Acer Laptop won't boot up Win10

Sheena_1

Estimable
Sep 18, 2015
I was watching a movie in my Acer Aspire 5560G, paused the movie then went back to watch it and it wouldnt start anymore. A error came up saying windows unexpected error (win10) and said they will collect some data and then restart. I forceful shutdown my laptop (regret) and now it just boots to the Acer screen and the OS won't start up and the Acer logo is all I see. I have tried the various function buttons (f8, alt+f10, f2). My next thing to do will probably be to create a acer recovery disk or win10. Any tips on what I should do or go about solving this. I have read a few threads already but not sure on how to approach this. Thanks in advance

Solution
Hello Sheena_1

If your laptop is stuck at the Acer logo screen, hard resetting it may help. To hard reset your laptop:

> Unplug it from the power adapter.

> Take out its battery.

> Press and hold down the Power button for 45-60 seconds.

> Release the Power button.

> Put the battery back and try powering on the laptop this time.

Feel free to reply if more assistance is needed.

Cheers!!
Hello Sheena_1

If your laptop is stuck at the Acer logo screen, hard resetting it may help. To hard reset your laptop:

> Unplug it from the power adapter.

> Take out its battery.

> Press and hold down the Power button for 45-60 seconds.

> Release the Power button.

> Put the battery back and try powering on the laptop this time.

Feel free to reply if more assistance is needed.

Cheers!!

Solution

Hello again Sheena_1

In that case, you may need to clear the CMOS. You can do so by opening the back panel of your laptop, taking out the CMOS battery from its socket, leaving the laptop alone for 30-45 minutes, and then powering on the laptop first without the CMOS battery and then with it.

Just In Case
CMOS battery is round in shape and is shiny. It looks similar to the one used in wrist watches but is a bit bigger in size.

Hope this helps. :)