Acer laptop won't turn on

Jul 15, 2018
I was checking my email and suddenly my laptop turned off. No warning, just turned off. When I try to turn it on now, it says "preparing automatic repair", then shuts off immediately.

Solution
Wait about an hour or so and then try again. If it was overheating it should have cooled. If that is the case, you will have to look into the cause/source of the overheating.

If, however, it still won't start, then it could be a few things. RAM, HDD, Motherboard. Even just the battery. So you may want to plug it in to charge while you wait on it to see if it cools.

Either way, if it is under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer about them repairing it. If it isn't, then you may want to try a local tech for the repairs. Should you need them.
Wait about an hour or so and then try again. If it was overheating it should have cooled. If that is the case, you will have to look into the cause/source of the overheating.

If, however, it still won't start, then it could be a few things. RAM, HDD, Motherboard. Even just the battery. So you may want to plug it in to charge while you wait on it to see if it cools.

Either way, if it is under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer about them repairing it. If it isn't, then you may want to try a local tech for the repairs. Should you need them.

Solution