Question Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51 I7 7700 1050GTX SSD/M.2 Upgrade

Jul 8, 2020
Having a few questions

Firstly - What's the max storage space I can place within the M.2 space

2nd - My current Nitro came equipped with a 1TB HDD and a 128Kingston SSD which is within the M.2 place

3rd - Falls back on question one, If I can have up to a terabyte would it be worth to just have the m.2 and leave out take out the HDD and use the M.2 solely or place in a SSD 1TB (860 samsung one) and place in a 500gb 970 Samsung M.2?

last question - My boot files are currently in the kingston how would i go about cloning as i see on youtube they clone from the SSD/HDD not the M.2 to another M.2 or would I have to repurchase windows? - Not worried about the files as they will be backed onto a portable drive just windows i care about

Any help on this would be much appreciated!

Having a few questions

Firstly - What's the max storage space I can place within the M.2 space
that depends on your budget, it´s not limited

2nd - My current Nitro came equipped with a 1TB HDD and a 128Kingston SSD which is within the M.2 place
Yes

3rd - Falls back on question one, If I can have up to a terabyte would it be worth to just have the m.2 and leave out take out the HDD and use the M.2 solely or place in a SSD 1TB (860 samsung one) and place in a 500gb 970 Samsung M.2?
I would get a SSD and a M.2 SSD, but only using the M.2 would be a way too

last question - My boot files are currently in the kingston how would i go about cloning as i see on youtube they clone from the SSD/HDD not the M.2 to another M.2 or would I have to repurchase windows? - Not worried about the files as they will be backed onto a portable drive just windows i care about
To be sure your windows is safe, register a Microsoft account with your current setup.
Just install windows freshly using Microsoft´s media creation tool
Windows will activate itself online after booting from the new SSD

Reactions: Tauridium
Jul 8, 2020
Thank you! A first answer on cloning or backing up windows. Other forums are telling me to watch youtube in which i explained already how i cant use that method xD.

Thanks a lot you helped big time on this field!

Reactions: helpstar