Solved! Acer Nitro 5 won’t turn on

Dwyer_9

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
My Acer Nitro 5 shut off yesterday (just straight to black screen, no error messages), and now when I try and turn it on the keyboard backlighting flashes for a second and then nothing. I’ve tried to reset the battery, even taken it out and put it back in, and that has had no effect. Is there anything else I can try or is it a job for a repair tech?

Solution
Is it in warranty? If yes first step is to check with their support. You can try to reset the motherboard buy removing the main battery and CMOS battery (if yours has one), then hold in the power button for 30 seconds. Plug in wall power without any batteries and see if that works. Also try one RAM stick at a time or with different RAM.
Is it in warranty? If yes first step is to check with their support. You can try to reset the motherboard buy removing the main battery and CMOS battery (if yours has one), then hold in the power button for 30 seconds. Plug in wall power without any batteries and see if that works. Also try one RAM stick at a time or with different RAM.

Solution