Question Acer predator helios 300, keyboard key sensor is acting really strange

Salamandar

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
I've had no d key CAP on this keyboard for months and have just been using my finger directly on the sensor. I've never spilt anything in it. However in the past 3 weeks, at first the sensor would only work if i held my finger on it, and also the left shift didn't work properly and still doesn't. so these keys are dependent on each other. so if i held left shift and 1, it'll look like this "1!11111!1' with exclamations only every now and then so it works when it wants. now, the sensor will register the key like ddddddddddddd if i even press it barely, and doesnt stop unless i bang it or just fiddle with it. I realize this is my fault. But is there any way i can just sort this out, like.. myself. the keyboard will be soo awkward to install if i decide to get a new one.

like right now, the key is working but it's too sensitive and is even activating as i'm typing. i can lightly press it, and it works. it's like very volatile. it'll like whatever is coating the sensor, plastic or whatever is flexed in the wrong direction and has to 'spring' back after a few seconds, unless i have to bang it. help me out :)

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ArabianBoi1259 Laptop Tech Support 1
Rishabsg Laptop Tech Support 5
S Laptop Tech Support 0
sm23 Laptop Tech Support 9
AG95 Laptop Tech Support 5
B Laptop Tech Support 9
J Laptop Tech Support 7
V Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1