Acer RAM Upgrade

Kasuper

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
I got a Acer Aspier E 15 E5-571G series laptop. It has a Samsung 4GB DDR3 PC3-12800 (800Mhz) RAM. I need to have another 4GB RAM yet all the product in the market (ebay/amazon) shows the BUS speed as "PC3-12800 (1600Mhz)". If I buy a product with the mentioned speed will it be compatible with my existing RAM? will it be support dual channel mode? please help

Solution
For the laptop it will be PC3L-12800 1.35 volt. It will run in dual channel but not all RAM may work with the system, even if it's a good brand and the same speed rating. I suggest checking for a BIOS update for the laptop before adding RAM to get the latest comparability. You can also use a RAM vendor like Crucial or Kingston and get a specific RAM for your model from their web sites that is guaranteed compatible.
For the laptop it will be PC3L-12800 1.35 volt. It will run in dual channel but not all RAM may work with the system, even if it's a good brand and the same speed rating. I suggest checking for a BIOS update for the laptop before adding RAM to get the latest comparability. You can also use a RAM vendor like Crucial or Kingston and get a specific RAM for your model from their web sites that is guaranteed compatible.

Solution