Acer to Release Ferrari Edition Android Smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilo_17

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
[citation][nom]bookerkevin90[/nom]I just got a $829.99 iPad2 for only $103.37 and my mom got a $1499.99 HDTV for only $251.92, they are both coming with USPS tomorrow. I would be an idiot to ever pay full retail prices at places like Walmart or Bestbuy. I sold a 37" HDTV to my boss for $600 that I only paid $78.24 for. I use PennyOrder.com[/citation]
I would be an idiot to ever fall for this stupid ad.

G

Pathetic, a Phone skin or case could accomplish much more and if scratched up it could be replaced. It's annoying to see promotional products reflect the opposite side of the spectrum of what they are promoting. People might say, "Ferrari enthusiasts might be attracted to this phone", but the reality is they won't. People will not buy Ferraris with poor performance parts. However, when people buy vehicles with the Ferrari brand, they know what they are getting as Ferrari has established themselves as performance kings.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
at least the farrari laptops were usually pretty high end hardware... the specs on this are less than inspiring... hell my pre is over 2 years old AND has similar specs

lockhrt999

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
lmao. They had launched this model in India a year ago with older version of android. This model was priced a bit more than milestone 2 then. Looks like unsold pieces making their way to US.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
[citation][nom]smitty10[/nom]This is honestly just embarrassing[/citation]
Agree. Beautiful, exotic, smooth, fast and well designed cars being related to a... cheap acer!?

amd-fanboy

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
[citation][nom]STravis[/nom]Sad that Ferrari will attach their name to this turd.[/citation]

Yea, who the fuck are they kidding, Acer is the dollar store of the tech world, suitable for cheap harware sold in third world shit holes. This is an even bigger insult to hardware enthusiasts than their "Ferrari" laptops. Makes me want to puke in disgust. Fuck you Acer, you discount bottom of the barrel piece of shit.

LauRoman

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
[citation][nom]dcompart[/nom]Pathetic, a Phone skin or case could accomplish much more and if scratched up it could be replaced. It's annoying to see promotional products reflect the opposite side of the spectrum of what they are promoting. People might say, "Ferrari enthusiasts might be attracted to this phone", but the reality is they won't. People will not buy Ferraris with poor performance parts. However, when people buy vehicles with the Ferrari brand, they know what they are getting as Ferrari has established themselves as performance kings.[/citation]
You obviously have not seen the "Friends" episodes where Joey dresses up like a Porche "owner" without actually owning a Porche.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I liked the Ferrari line of notebooks back then. They were actually more reliable than your average Acer product. This phone also looks nice, it's just too bad it will use such a slow processor. They should have gone all out and put the best of the best in there, regardless of the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.