Acer V15 Nitro Black Edition vs. Asus GL502VM

tylershuman07

Prominent
May 22, 2017
So I'm now down to 2 laptops, the Acer v 15 Nitro Black Edition, and the Asus GL502VM. Both have similar specs, however, the Acer has much better battery life but the Asus has G-sync as well as an NVME PCIe slot. So my question is, are Acer laptops dependable and reliable? Also how useful is G-sync for gaming? And similarly, what are your guys general thoughts on each of these two laptops? Thanks

Solution
I owned the 502VM before I traded it for a 502VS which I traded for a 752VS :p

I can only comment on first hand experience using the 502VM. this laptop is a great budget laptop for gaming. It can play every current title on medium to high settings. For this reason I think G-sync will add more value than longer battery life. G-sync will even out any screen tearing when you do not reach the fps your monitor is capable to handle. So if the display is capable of 60hz. Ideally you'd like to have 60FPS. if you have to do with 50FPS because the game is heavier on the GPU, G-sync provides a smooth gameplay. I'd put that above any battery time.
NVME PCIe is a huge + for me as well. Being able to startup you laptop and games quickly adds to...

ikelfkens

Prominent
May 24, 2017
I owned the 502VM before I traded it for a 502VS which I traded for a 752VS :p

I can only comment on first hand experience using the 502VM. this laptop is a great budget laptop for gaming. It can play every current title on medium to high settings. For this reason I think G-sync will add more value than longer battery life. G-sync will even out any screen tearing when you do not reach the fps your monitor is capable to handle. So if the display is capable of 60hz. Ideally you'd like to have 60FPS. if you have to do with 50FPS because the game is heavier on the GPU, G-sync provides a smooth gameplay. I'd put that above any battery time.
NVME PCIe is a huge + for me as well. Being able to startup you laptop and games quickly adds to the user experience imho.

Solution