Acer v5-132 charging issue

stevenanggelo

Estimable
Nov 24, 2015
hello there
first of all im sorry for my english, im not a native speaker but i will try my best.

So im using acer v5-132 for over a year without problem but about a month ago, when im using the laptop while charging the charger keep reconnecting and disconnecting by itself about once everyminute. but after a while it stop. So i think im okay with that. But the problem keep continue and whenever the task im giving making the processor usage is higher the beep sound (sound of the charger when we connecting it to the port) more often than before, its like about once every 5 second. But when i charge it when the laptop is turn off, there is no problem with the charger because i see the led light is never turn off by itself. But the strange thing sometimes even im giving the most hardest task to the laptop there is no problem with charging port. i bring it to the acer and they say they couldnt find the problem, is there anyone can help me solve the problem?
thank you

Solution
It sounds like a faulty port, but if it charges without issue when the laptop is turned off, then it should not be.

Try this and see if it helps: Press WIN + R (or open the Run command prompt), type in "msconfig", and check what is selected under the General tab. If "Selective startup" or "Diagnostic startup" is checked, change it to "Normal startup" and click the "Apply" button. Then restart the computer and see if that helps.

heatshiver

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
It sounds like a faulty port, but if it charges without issue when the laptop is turned off, then it should not be.

Try this and see if it helps: Press WIN + R (or open the Run command prompt), type in "msconfig", and check what is selected under the General tab. If "Selective startup" or "Diagnostic startup" is checked, change it to "Normal startup" and click the "Apply" button. Then restart the computer and see if that helps.

Solution

stevenanggelo

Estimable
Nov 24, 2015

hello there thank you for the quick reply, the option that is checked is selective startup. im gonna try to change to normal and see if that help.
btw im already reinstalling the windows and install all the drivers but the problem still persist

stevenanggelo

Estimable
Nov 24, 2015

hmm something weird..
everytime i change it to normal, it always go back to selective

stevenanggelo

Estimable
Nov 24, 2015

thx after changing it to normal startup, no connecting or disconnecting issue again after a week. even if after i restart the pc it goes back to selective startup again.