Acer won't load properly, PLEASE HELP!

Bob_81

Commendable
Apr 2, 2016
So I have a windows 8 Acer laptop and well I turned it on and it worked completely fine until i clicked on the document sign and everything froze, then it said a error came up with a sad face ":(" but bigger, so I turned it on again and it came up with boot disk not found or something. Then I turned it on again to find that the word "diagnosing pc" I left it for about 2-3 hours yet nothing happens. Any help would be greatly appricieatted

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug its AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then see if it will boot normally.
- If it will end up on the same error about Boot disk not found, the problem may lie in the HDD of the laptop.
- Do boot the laptop in BIOS and see if the HDD is listed or not. If it's not listed that means the problem is the HDD and it needs to be replaced but if it's detected you'll need to reinstall Windows.

Hopefully this will help. :)

Bob_81

Commendable
Apr 2, 2016

Hello thanks for helping but the 1st one did not work and well I have a hdd listed and I do not know what to do know, thanks for leaving your suggestion on how to fix my laptop

TRENDING THREADS