Acer2930 blank screen Help!!!!

Dkjc28

Estimable
Jun 10, 2015
So im kinda poor live in philipines that doesnt really matter i really need your help my laptop is having blank screen it happend before and was fix by a it in my mom office but not anymore i used it for playing cs 1.6/source/go and it runs not that bad so i really love this laptop since its the only laptop i have and it broke yesterday first try it work well no problems then a after 1hour went back to it open and no boot just blank screen working leds fan and everything but its blank mo images just a blank screen nothing loading and i really need a solution for this because this laptop is important to me i triwd everythig except opening it like 30 second stuff and etc nothing works maybe there are more solutions pls help me :) im just 14 :(

Solution

There is no need to try anything until you try an external monitor. Don't know why you went with trying different RAM first. If you have a backlight that means it's not the backlight, and if it sounds and looks like it's booting with the drive spinning and maybe the Windows startup sound, it's not the computer itself. Which points to the LCD screen.

Since you can't see it booting at all though it may be an issue with the video card and the computer does not actually fully start.
If you can, connect a monitor to the laptop. If you get a picture on the external, the problem is probably the laptop's screen or the cable that connects it to the motherboard. If no picture on the external, then the chip responsible for giving you an image has probably failed and needs reworked or replaced.

Basically what hang-the-9 said.

Dkjc28

Estimable
Jun 10, 2015

Dkjc28

Estimable
Jun 10, 2015
i think its the boot doe because i see light from screen but blank .

Let us know what happens after you try an external monitor. If the backlight is on, that could still mean there is something wrong with the screen.

Dkjc28

Estimable
Jun 10, 2015
Everything works fine with backlight and etc but i havent tried external pc i tried ram changing np problem in rams its just when it turns on blank screen no booting of logo but there is light from screen is it windows boot up?

zedshead

Estimable
Mar 28, 2015
sorry i can't give solution for that..
may be other member can be.,.,
o.png

o.png

Your screen is probably fine if you can see the backlight, but you should still try to test on an external screen. No picture on both internal and external means that the CPU (or dedicated GPU, depending on the laptop design) has gone bad.

There is no need to try anything until you try an external monitor. Don't know why you went with trying different RAM first. If you have a backlight that means it's not the backlight, and if it sounds and looks like it's booting with the drive spinning and maybe the Windows startup sound, it's not the computer itself. Which points to the LCD screen.

Since you can't see it booting at all though it may be an issue with the video card and the computer does not actually fully start.

Solution