Acer's 24'' LCD Has 8,000,000:1 Contrast Ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
dynamic contrast is a joke, unless its local dimming. 2ms response time sounds nice tho, as does an even led back light (no more bleeding?) doesn't seem that bright, but thats probably not a bad thing for a monitor.

amdgamer666

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
Meh. I hate how manufacturers just keep bumping up the the range of their dynamic contrast ratio, instead of actually making thier products perform better by increasing the static contrast ratio. OLED is what really gets me excited because it does just that. Sony's OLED TV has a 1M:1 static contrast ratio and would blow this 8M:1 dynamic contrast out of the water. Unfortunately, it'll be a little while before OLED is mainstream. Although for now, i'm not going to deny that this is one sexy monitor and certainly offers great technology and picture.

jcwhite

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
every acer monitor i've had has either stopped working or massed dead/bright pixels, and never enough under their policy to justify a RMA, and judging by the fact this looks like a tn lcd, im probly going to pass :(

pink315

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]jcwhite[/nom]every acer monitor i've had has either stopped working or massed dead/bright pixels, and never enough under their policy to justify a RMA, and judging by the fact this looks like a tn lcd, im probly going to pass[/citation]
never had one of their lcds stop working, but ive only bought one, and it just like yours developed enough dead pixels to steer me clear of buying another acer lcd

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]amdgamer666[/nom]Meh. I hate how manufacturers just keep bumping up the the range of their dynamic contrast ratio, instead of actually making thier products perform better by increasing the static contrast ratio. OLED is what really gets me excited because it does just that. Sony's OLED TV has a 1M:1 static contrast ratio and would blow this 8M:1 dynamic contrast out of the water. Unfortunately, it'll be a little while before OLED is mainstream. Although for now, i'm not going to deny that this is one sexy monitor and certainly offers great technology and picture.[/citation]

If this monitor causes sexual arousal for you, you're probably demented. Did you just mean "pretty", or "attractive", and misuse the word? Or are you thinking of what you'd normally be watching on it?

derek2006

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
[citation][nom]ta152h[/nom]If this monitor causes sexual arousal for you, you're probably demented. Did you just mean "pretty", or "attractive", and misuse the word? Or are you thinking of what you'd normally be watching on it?[/citation]

Wow your a douche

amdgamer666

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
[citation][nom]ta152h[/nom]If this monitor causes sexual arousal for you, you're probably demented. Did you just mean "pretty", or "attractive", and misuse the word? Or are you thinking of what you'd normally be watching on it?[/citation]

You, sir, are a complete dumbass. You obviously have no clue how the english language works and that there are multiple definitions for the same word. Sexy can also mean excitingly appealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.