ACRONIS Software Issues

gcenglish

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Needing a little help here. Seems the nice people at Acronis don't like to offer support for their product without a few dollars down first.

I used the program to move my OS and files from an old Western Digital drive to a new Samsung Spinpoint 1TB.

This is worked out ok although after the move I was unable to start Acronis again.

I have since unistalled the program and tried a fresh install but no luck.

My main issue here is that as it integrates with Windows backup I can no longer open that either.

So no working program that I paid for and no working program inbuilt into Windows 7. No backing up which is making me a little stressed.

I have been using Advanced System Care to do a few 'maintenance' type jobs and I can only think that I may have accidently deleted some system files or registry keys when using the program.

Any help or links to similar threads would be magic!

Arconis installed fine - just won't open from menu or system folder!!

Frustrated

ksiemb

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009

What version of Acronis are you using ? You said "Moved" OS & files" to the 1TB. Exactly how did you do this ? Did you use the disk clone option ? Apparently 2010 version Acronis has some issues, links: http://www.bing.com/search?q=acronis%20disk%20clone%20to%201tb%20drive&pc=conduit&form=CONBNT&ptag=A0D8901801E264E1FA5F&conlogo=CT2645238