Activision Countersues Ex-Infinity Ward Execs

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonspur

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
I really hope activision goes bankrupt over this. legal fees, court fees and the settlement will surely make a nice little dent in their pockets. West and Zampella are better off out of IW anyways, it seems activision really wanted to fuck them over.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
I look forward to seeing what games these two will be making in the future. I know for a damn fact it won't be a COD games but i hope it to be just as good or 10 times better. To the point where Activision wishes they didn't kick these guys out the door. True talent doesn't come around every time. Good luck to Activision and the franchise, there going to need it. After all considering two more members have been booted out. For better or worse i look forward to Respawn entertainment games.

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I like this quote: "Activision's inaccurate and misguided allegations lose sight of the reality here: None of the false claims of insubordination or breach of duties had any negative affect on Activision -- none."

Did any of the true claims have a negative effect on Activision?

slaphappy

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
Obviously Activision thinks COD sells itself, and have completely lost sight of the creative power behind the team that made this franchise what it is. They probably think it's played out and not much else to go, or that they can just make future COD games with more "Russian" scenes in a daycare or orphanage and people will eat it up. IW execs realized they are being leached and have dozens of ideas up their sleeves for quality sequels, and will just create them under a new franchise name.

Stupid activision, real stupid.

nicklasd87

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I hope Respawn entertainments future series supports dedicated servers...And I am having a hard time getting excited about them being under the EA umbrella instead of Activision, I haven't been very impressed with products with the EA label lately, even BC2 which I play frequently doesn't feel like a completed game due to various interface and matchmaking issues I have experienced.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]"Modern Warfare 2 has been the world's most successful video game"ORLY?[/citation]

Maybe if they don't count The Sims series as a video game (which to me is justifiable).

ailgatrat

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
[citation][nom]rhino13[/nom]I like this quote: "Activision's inaccurate and misguided allegations lose sight of the reality here: None of the false claims of insubordination or breach of duties had any negative affect on Activision -- none."Did any of the true claims have a negative effect on Activision?[/citation]

He's (the lawyer) claiming that Activision is falsly accusing them (West and Zampella) of insubordination and breach of duties as justification for firing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.