Activision: Killing the Competition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neon neophyte

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
companies like activision... and ea are no longer in the gaming business to make games. they are in the gaming business to CONTROL games. big business, as always.

sad really, as its the smaller companies, independent from these larger companies that have love for their product.

EA squashes small companies and takes the love out of the product.

Activision is now an EA wannabe.

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
if Activision dropped the ball... too bad... but to try to stop a game from posing competition with your products is pathetic...

jueston

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2006
its business... its nothing amazing... buy a company because it poses a threat... does this actually shock anyone?

twisted politiks

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
"[Activision's] purpose is not only to cancel Brutal Legend, but to kill it completely so that Guitar Hero would not have to face the competition," the lawsuit claims."

if the judge doesn't, for any other reason, refuse Activision's lawsuit for this statement, which to me, sounds like somebody is trying to monopolize the gaming industry by not allowing competition (yay for America promoting communism giving every kid a trophy for last place instead of teaching them that life isn't all about cookies and icecream) then this judge needs to be sued himself for not only allowing such a stupid lawsuit to go forth, but for allowing activision to control even more of the market. i think i might sue him for being a dumbass if this ends on activisions side.

now if activision still owns the game, then thats a different story, but to give such an asinine reason for this, is just f*cking insulting to America, land of "i can sue for whatever i want and win millions because im lazy and dont want to work"

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Do we really need another music wannabe game out there?
At a pawn shop, a great guitar can be found for only $100 if you're lucky... and just learn how to play the damned thing instead of the game.

Don't get me wrong... I like rythem games... but I don't want to be some pathetic guitar freak who can't actually play the damned thing...

However... I do dislike monopolies (except the game, which is kickass).

G

@ anamaniac
Brutal legend isn't a rhythm game. its looking like a platforming - action game. Looking kinda original. interesting...

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
Unfortunately, if Activision is correct and the publishing rights are still theirs, the law is already on their side. I find that quite sad.

lowguppy

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
EA has the resources to fight Activision, they'll get the game released. At least the little guy has a big guy in their corner. The game looks to be complete awesome.

G

EA can fight Activision? What planet are you on? Activision/Blizzard is now THE gaming goliath. Remember, Blizzard is pulling down about 150 MILLION/Month from World of Warcraft alone (at its peak). EA could only dream of that kind of clout.

Not to mention how many other development houses HATE EA.

G

If you hate Activision and EA, show them with your wallets, or lack there of. Pirate all their games!!

taiso

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
if this game is not even a music game how is the statement the developer made: "[Activision's] purpose is not only to cancel Brutal Legend, but to kill it completely so that Guitar Hero would not have to face the competition" even valid in the first place. not that i'm siding with anyone on this issue but this all seems kinda childish. activision: let them release their game and stop being greedy, and to the developer: stop whining. although anamaniac was off topic (and a bit off target) i do agree that the music simulator games are pretty stupid. i picked up a real guitar for 150, with an amp. around the same it would cost you to get set up with those music games + the plastic guitar and you're actually learning something.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
this is dumb , 1 brutal legned while music is a BIG selling point for it , it is not a music -instrument based game, it is a 3rd person action adventure game. personally i've been waitng for this game , i say ---k Activision , activision ahs writes to "brutal legend" so i say the developer shoudl change teh game's name ,and screw them

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
i'll "donate" a dollar for it to be "Leaked"... my pc should handle an emulator for the 360, or they could just bust out a pc release asap and leak that.

Status
Not open for further replies.