Question Added streaming service to tv but get no sound to external speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2019
I started a free trial of YoutubeTV streaming but can't get sound from my wireless speaker. I use a TVSoundbox near me due to hearing issues. I have a new Samsung TV so my only option is using the optical audio out to a digital to analog converter to the TVSoundbox base and it works just perfectly with cable. However, when streaming a show thru YoutubeTV (I've also tried thru Hulu/View.Yahoo and other internet sites thru TV), the show itself has no sound, but when it gets to a commercial, that sound comes thru just fine. The streaming sound comes thru the TV speakers just fine too. It obviously has something to do with the converter though why it works with commercials but not the actual show is beyond me. Any way to get the sound to work properly? Or do I have to get a new wireless speaker with an optical input (that might or might not work) or forget getting any streaming services altogether. Any help would be appreciated.

Nevermind....My tv apparently has different ways to access tv settings. I finally figured out how to get to a menu for "advanced settings" and was able to set the audio to "PCM" (tv manual was no help). That cleared up the problem and I can now hear sound thru by speaker box for the streamed programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 0
B Streaming Video & TVs 4
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
C Streaming Video & TVs 1