Adding up https://192.168.0.111/nowplaying/index.html?Recu..

rafael

Distinguished
May 27, 2004
2
0
18,510
0
Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

I just learned to bring up the now playing list in my browser.
Is there a way to alter the page to add up all the sizes of the shows?

Seems to me you could then have a pretty good idea of how much space
is free for upcoming recordings.

Maybe a (python) script that will scrape the info?
 

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
548
0
18,930
0
Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

rafael <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns96A5991E52D15ns@216.77.188.18:

> I just learned to bring up the now playing list in my browser.
> Is there a way to alter the page to add up all the sizes of the shows?
>
> Seems to me you could then have a pretty good idea of how much space
> is free for upcoming recordings.
>
> Maybe a (python) script that will scrape the info?
>

if you have firefox you can try these:

A TiVo Pie Chart
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=235420

A better /nowplaying/index.html
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=232322
 

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003
250
0
18,930
0
Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 15:25:16 GMT, dave wrote:

>rafael <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns96A5991E52D15ns@216.77.188.18:
>
>> I just learned to bring up the now playing list in my browser.
>> Is there a way to alter the page to add up all the sizes of the shows?
>>
>> Seems to me you could then have a pretty good idea of how much space
>> is free for upcoming recordings.
>>
>> Maybe a (python) script that will scrape the info?
>>
>
>if you have firefox you can try these:
>
>A TiVo Pie Chart
>http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=235420
>
>A better /nowplaying/index.html
>http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=232322

That better NowPlaying is what I posted a week or so ago in here.
It's really great. The broswer-direct method give some good info,
but this manages to get more info from the tivo, including
channel number-not only network recorded from, the expire date,
portion watched so far, original air date, genre, quality
recorded at & episode number. All in a color coded set columns
and keyings. Plus all the details for whatever is now recording
in a separate section at the very top, followed by the units'
vital statistics of free space at the various recording
qualities.

If someone can point me to where the color codes are, to
customize which columns are backgrounded in which color, that
would be nice.
 

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
548
0
18,930
0
Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

Jason wrote in news:chb0f1d8156h8e61l71iik0rht8t3pns8g@4ax.com:

> On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 15:25:16 GMT, dave wrote:
>
>>rafael <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns96A5991E52D15ns@216.77.188.18:
>>
>>> I just learned to bring up the now playing list in my browser.
>>> Is there a way to alter the page to add up all the sizes of the shows?
>>>
>>> Seems to me you could then have a pretty good idea of how much space
>>> is free for upcoming recordings.
>>>
>>> Maybe a (python) script that will scrape the info?
>>>
>>
>>if you have firefox you can try these:
>>
>>A TiVo Pie Chart
>>http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=235420
>>
>>A better /nowplaying/index.html
>>http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=232322
>
> That better NowPlaying is what I posted a week or so ago in here.
> It's really great. The broswer-direct method give some good info,
> but this manages to get more info from the tivo, including
> channel number-not only network recorded from, the expire date,
> portion watched so far, original air date, genre, quality
> recorded at & episode number. All in a color coded set columns
> and keyings. Plus all the details for whatever is now recording
> in a separate section at the very top, followed by the units'
> vital statistics of free space at the various recording
> qualities.
>
> If someone can point me to where the color codes are, to
> customize which columns are backgrounded in which color, that
> would be nice.
>
>

from looking at the source I think the colors are in hex form:

<td style="background-color:#fc0000 --first column red
<td style="background-color:#F5F595 --second column yellow?

I'm sure you can fool around with the hex numbers to customize the color.
I think it's of the form and range of:#RGB and #(00-ff)(00-ff)(00-ff)
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Streaming Video & TVs 0
D Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 4
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 3
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
E Streaming Video & TVs 1

ASK THE COMMUNITY