Solved! Additional laptop ram

Sep 4, 2020
Please keep it to 1 thread
Hi! I have Acer laptop e5-475g-50st I want to add another 4gb or up to 8gb additional ram but I don't know what to get. I am planning to buy a second hand if I could find one. Please suggest some compatible ram with my existing ram

The ram that I have with my laptop is 4 gb ddr4 Micon MTA4ATF51264HZ-2G3B1.

Thank you in advance!

Sep 4, 2020
Hi, I want to know if kingston KVR24S17S8/8 would work with my existing ram micron MTA4ATF51264HZ-2G3B1 on my acer e5-475g laptop.
Thank you in advance!

frederickalliston

Prominent
Aug 12, 2020
In order not to be mistaken with the selection of RAM for a PC or laptop, you need to know the maximum possible amount with which the motherboard works. For example, a user has 8 gigabytes, and 32 GB can be installed in the motherboard.

In this case, it will turn out to double the RAM by installing a couple of modules of 8 gigs, or by four, setting 2 strips of 16 GB each. If the motherboard has 4 slots, there is an option to install a 4x8 GB kit.

What else should be considered:
  • Mismatched specifications such as timings, frequencies, and volumes will reduce performance. Therefore, it is better to choose complete strips.
  • In 2-channel mode, the speed increases, because the strips are installed in 2 slots. Or through one, if the user installs two modules, and there are 4 slots in the motherboard.
  • The maximum amount of RAM is the total for memory slots. In a device that supports 32 GB of RAM, one bar with such a volume will not work.
  • RAM for desktop and laptop differs in form factor.