Additional Warranty Question

cgleckman

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
I have recently decided to purchase a laptop for gaming but I am conflicted on what to do about the warranty. I do know that I want a accidental coverage warranty(I've always had them and I've always used them). Anyway my conflict is because the alienware laptop I am looking at lets me purchase an accidental service warranty for 3 years for $119.99 whereas squaretrade is telling me that their warranty with accidental coverage will cost $389.99 for 3 years. I am a bit confused as to why the difference is so great. Is one covering more/less than the other? Is one just hands down a better option regardless of the cost?

Thanks in advance for the help!

cgleckman

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009

I wonder why the one through dell is a 1/3 of the price of the one from square trade... crazy! Thanks.

Lol ya I tend to move quickly and be very clumsy.. also my laptop travels with me alot so things just tend to happen and ive never had a warrenty I havent used atleast once that paid for itsellf (I tend to have really bad luck with motherboards breaking...).

Purpletalon55

Respectable
Apr 2, 2016
Haha same, I have a 7 year warranty on my digital storm desktop they said if it dies when it gets old they will just give me a new pc. :) gotta love insane warranties.

When it arrived the ups guy who was like 5 foot 4 was cursing up a storm trying to get my pc off the truck as it weighed like 50 pounds in box :) lol