Question Adivce buying new Android Phone

Muckster

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2013
AT&T is forcing me to lose my phone and upgrade to 4G with a new phone (by early '22). I'm really not a smart phone guy, but even before this my old Nokia 3.1 has been slowing down.

Money's not a big issue. From what I've read 5G isn't needed. My feeling is I should stick with Android. I've looked at the Galaxy S20 FE 5g, but 4g would probably be fine. I really just want a reliable phone that's relatively easy to text on. (I hate texting). Also, I'd like it to ring more than 3 times before going to voice mail. Also, I'd like to be able to have the voice mail stored on the phone and, if possible I'd like to hear who's leaving the message as it's being left. May just be I'm older, but I sometimes have a problem with my "touches" registering, so a phone with an especially good and accurate touch response would be good, if such a thing exists.

That's it. I might play some mp3s or watch netflix during a slow moment. Seems like 4G will do the trick for me, right? Can anyone give me a few phone suggestions to look at?

Thanks.

EDIT: Maybe someone could clarify for me if "# of rings" and the way voice mail is handled is a matter of the phone itself or the carrier (AT&T) or OS (Android) or if it can be changed using apps. I know I'm getting to be an old guy.. as I said above, my main gripe is not having enough time to answer and then having to call out to get my messages after I've JUST MISSED a call. Even if you don't have a recommendation, that's for explaining these features if you can. THANKS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Farmist
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Android Smartphones 7
S Android Smartphones 1
consptheory77 Android Smartphones 2
J Android Smartphones 2
germa Android Smartphones 6
shaines Android Smartphones 3
K Android Smartphones 2
di57inct Android Smartphones 2
vaathyaar Android Smartphones 1