Admidst Bad News, Apple Breaks Sales Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
I have an iPod Touch and love it. No one does music players better than apple when you figure in how easy it is to use with iTunes. But as for everything else they sell, I really don't see the big appeal in paying 3x more for things I can get from other companies that either do it just as well or even better. Gaming on a Mac is growing but still tiny compared to Windows.

winner4455

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
Congrats Apple, I may not be a fan of your products but all the competition and innovation you help create and make other create to stay in the business is phenomenal.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
as long as they keep pressing the competition, i have no reason to complain

they get paid, and i get the tech that i want. even though it won't be an apple product, they'll be the reason i can get it

JasonAkkerman

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
[citation][nom]ikefu[/nom]I have an iPod Touch and love it. No one does music players better than apple when you figure in how easy it is to use with iTunes. But as for everything else they sell, I really don't see the big appeal in paying 3x more for things I can get from other companies that either do it just as well or even better. Gaming on a Mac is growing but still tiny compared to Windows.[/citation]

LOL. iTunes.... Easy to use....

zjuice

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
No one does music players better than apple when you figure in how easy it is to use with iTunes.
I disagree. I think the Zune Marketplace is much better and I love my zune. And I have owned apple and Microsoft. I prefer the Zune to the ipod.

G

I thought Macs were supposedly selling like hot cakes. But they only sold 4 million in a quarter where HP sold almost 18 million, Dell 11 Million, and Acer and Lenovo both at 9 million. So I guess that was a lie.

G

to stm1185:

HP, Dell, Acer and Lenovo sold that, but with much lower price tags and margin profits.

That´s why love it or hate it, apple is here to stay.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Hahahaahahahahahahahahaha.

I'm sitting here laughing at all the haters who must be steaming mad to hear this news and the fact they can't do a damn thing about it (all their bitching in online forums bashing Apple and their products has done nothing to sway people from buying their products in droves).

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]JasonAkkerman[/nom]LOL. iTunes.... Easy to use....[/citation]

Come on. iTunes is not difficult to use. If there is a legitimate complaint about iTunes it is that it is way too dumbed down and doesn't allow for any customization. I have no leg in this argument as my Droid X is my MP3 player but I will say that plugging in an iPod/iPhone and iTunes automatically syncing your calendar, contacts, emails, music, videos, etc is much easier than what I have on my phone.

Folder control where I can drag and drop is certainly nice and it is appealing to me personally but most people would be confused by this. "Where do I put my music?" "What do you mean create a folder and drag the music there?" "I dragged my music from iTunes but it didn't work." I've seen these comments and they are not rare.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]silver565[/nom]Apple will always be here to stay because they have the cult following.[/citation]

They also have world class battery life. Seriously. I own a Macbook Pro for business trips because the thing gets 10 hours of battery life and it's not underpowered with ULV CPU's either. Previously I had a Fujitsu convertible notebook and I managed about 8 hours battery life with an oversized battery and a modular battery taking up the optical drive.

I don't know what Apple does to achieve these battery results but I wish Windows manufacturers could figure it out.

Pawessum16

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
Well I can say I got an iPod touch last november so I guess I contributed. As for iTunes, it's like the spawn of satan for windows computers. I hate how many stupid background services it runs and everytime there's an update I'm always having to disable half of them as they're completely unnecessary. I think iTunes alone if I don't disable all the background crap adds an additional 10 sec to boot time. Everytime I hook up my iPod to charge, I don't want F***ing iTunes to start up! >(
They also need to fix the wireless software on their touches cause it's crap when the only way for me to get the wireless to work when it fails is to not only reset the wireless, but to restart the iPod. I use the wireless about 95% of the time I use it (which is everyday) so believe me, I would know. Besides that wireless glitch, the hardware itself is fantastic and I haven't seen anything that can compete. As for playing music, if it's online ie pandora then it's the touch, for offline I actually prefer my PSP because the Media Go software is that much better than having to use iTunes. Media Go can actually recognize flac and convert it to a smaller AAC file for my PSP. Plus with Media Go, I don't have to completely rebuild my library when I move a file on my computer.
As you can see I'm not much of an Apple fan.

zambutu

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
i dont like modern "touch" Apple music players. I've stuck with my trusty 512mb mini samsung player for 3 or 4 years now for two reasons. When i stick the player into the usb port (no cable necessary) a file folder pops up and i simply drag and drop mp3s direcrtly in ..done (no "syncing" or extra programs necessary). Two, a blind person could operate it, i dont have to physically look at the screen to play music or change the track (thats good while listening to music while snoozing).

anyway, i do have an ipad, which i really like for other things

Pawessum16

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]They also have world class battery life. Seriously. I own a Macbook Pro for business trips because the thing gets 10 hours of battery life and it's not underpowered with ULV CPU's either. Previously I had a Fujitsu convertible notebook and I managed about 8 hours battery life with an oversized battery and a modular battery taking up the optical drive. I don't know what Apple does to achieve these battery results but I wish Windows manufacturers could figure it out.[/citation]
I'll have to agree with you on the battery thing, but I've started seeing manufacturers such as Asus (HP has made improvements) come out with more longer lasting laptops. Of course the easy thing to do is just buy an additional battery or two to remedy that fact.

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
I'd say the only good product worth buying (as a non sheep) is the iPod touch. I got mine on November and even though the camera suuuucks it's still better than most mp3 players out there and can do a lot more than those. My first iPod and im satisfied with the purchase so I guess im glad i contributed to that record.

I really raelly do hate iTunes, thats like the only thing holding iPod touch from being a lot better. Sometimes I find myself pullin my hair out cuz its so dumbed down

G

RE: easy thing to do is just buy an additional battery.....

That's like saying my car doesn't get good gas mileage, so I put in an extra gas tank.

Pawessum16

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
[citation][nom]Beenthere2[/nom]RE: easy thing to do is just buy an additional battery.....That's like saying my car doesn't get good gas mileage, so I put in an extra gas tank.[/citation]
I can kind of understand where you're coming from, but your point is invalid seeing how every car being produced can go the distance between two gas stations in the continental US, and where you're wrong is that people in remote places of the world without convenient access to gas stations most likely do carry extra fuel cells in their vehicles.
I personally have two batteries for my laptop and it's not that big of a deal. I just use one battery until my computer automatically goes into hibernation, then I switch out batteries, and off I go again.

Status
Not open for further replies.