Adobe Flash Player Won't Install :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperXanther

Estimable
Jul 27, 2014
Hi all,

I have been having trouble trying to install Adobe Flash Player on my new computer lately. The download works fine, the installer runs but after allowing the installer to modify my computer the installer just displays a grey window with no text or anything. when I click X at the top right, it doesn't close and I have to close it via Task Manager.

Anyone know wtf is happening? :(

Edit by a moderator.

Since one of the posts seems to be getting more attention(in a good way) here, I will be adding it to this post so users can try it first.

Solution
I suffered with Flash Player blank installer screen just like everyone here until Condobloke on Bleeping Computers put me onto the following Adobe forum:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1022066

where there are step-by-step instructions to revert v10.xx, which will correct Adobe's cockup release of later versions. They apparently haven't fixed Flash Player yet.

I've downloaded and SUCCESSFULLY installed v10.xx and everything in the garden is rosy again.

mgb

SuperXanther

Estimable
Jul 27, 2014

Crap, accidentally made best answer xDDDDDDD.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium and I use Firefox and Chrome.

SuperXanther

Estimable
Jul 27, 2014

It isn't just browser-based Flash, its also affects all other applications that use Flash. Here is what the window looks like. It stays like this for a while:

=141434972&filters[recent]=1&filters[publicOnly]=1&sort=1&o=0]http://

nukemaster

Distinguished
What other applications use flash. It has always been mostly a browser plugin as far as I know.

Even after a full uninstall with adobes own software you still get the blank screen when installing.

Please ensure you run the installer as an admin and also make sure it is not running from a network drive since that cases all kinds of issues.

SuperXanther

Estimable
Jul 27, 2014

BurtonRW

Estimable
Nov 16, 2014
Same situation. I just did a fresh install of Win7Pro and when I try to install Flash, I'm just getting the blank grey box that can only be closed with TaskMgr.

Tried installing it as an add-on through Firefox, but it won't install automatically and when I select "manual install", it just takes me to the adobe page with the same downloader.

Very frustrating.

DouglasR

Estimable
Nov 21, 2014
I've been having the exact same problem for the last few weeks. None of the searches I've done have turned up any helpful information, neither has Adobe support or any of the troubleshooting info...

choland

Estimable
Nov 22, 2014

Been searching for a fix for this too. Just did a fresh install and having the exact same problem. Blank install box, have to use task manger to close it out. ANYONE have a solution?

SuperXanther

Estimable
Jul 27, 2014
I tried to install another Flash update, the window actually started working and it seemed to install but it turns out it actually didn't and failed. I must say this is really strange...

mgbinnewhaw

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
I suffered with Flash Player blank installer screen just like everyone here until Condobloke on Bleeping Computers put me onto the following Adobe forum:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1022066

where there are step-by-step instructions to revert v10.xx, which will correct Adobe's cockup release of later versions. They apparently haven't fixed Flash Player yet.

I've downloaded and SUCCESSFULLY installed v10.xx and everything in the garden is rosy again.

mgb

Solution

Electricjohn

Estimable
Dec 30, 2014
I am having the exact blank screen problem with Internet Explorer11. I already have flash v15 and get the blank screen when I try to update to flash v16. My last flash player update did the same thing and after about 2 weeks the update finally installed correctly. The answer by mgbinnewhaw made me think that Adobe isn't getting something right with their updates because this seems to be a common problem across every browser. I guess I'll just keep trying the update until it installs like last time.

Lo Olver

Estimable
Jan 10, 2015
I have the same black box problem and Alchemists links aren't working for me. Thanks though. Flash player install from that link is just taking me in circles with uninstall and installing, still get the black box. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.