Adobe Flash Player Won't Install :(

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperXanther

Estimable
Jul 27, 2014
Hi all,

I have been having trouble trying to install Adobe Flash Player on my new computer lately. The download works fine, the installer runs but after allowing the installer to modify my computer the installer just displays a grey window with no text or anything. when I click X at the top right, it doesn't close and I have to close it via Task Manager.

Anyone know wtf is happening? :(

Edit by a moderator.

Since one of the posts seems to be getting more attention(in a good way) here, I will be adding it to this post so users can try it first.

Solution
I suffered with Flash Player blank installer screen just like everyone here until Condobloke on Bleeping Computers put me onto the following Adobe forum:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1022066

where there are step-by-step instructions to revert v10.xx, which will correct Adobe's cockup release of later versions. They apparently haven't fixed Flash Player yet.

I've downloaded and SUCCESSFULLY installed v10.xx and everything in the garden is rosy again.

mgb

ssmann

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
I tried alchemist11's solution as well and it didn't work for me either. The installation window did pop up and said it finished but when I checked I saw I still had the same version. I finally searched for the Adobe Flash player in my start menu and opened the file from there. That worked for me.

Electricjohn

Estimable
Dec 30, 2014
To anyone asking me, Electricjohn, about this re-occurring Adobe Flash Player update problem: The answers posted by alchemist11 cured my problem. I see that this is not working for everyone. Because alchemist11's answer solved my problem, I did not research any further.
Good Luck.

joshua3489

Estimable
Jan 29, 2015

Thank you! After weeks of frustration and searching, your link did the trick in 90 seconds! Thanks! I had tried everything I knew to do, including disabling firewalls and security/malware programs and doing a system restore. I had spent quite a number of hours on this issue and found absolutely NO help on the adobe website. I greatly appreciate your tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.