Adobe Premiere CC 2017 seems to be completely broken

AlexJR

Prominent
Jul 27, 2017
Adobe has been constantly crashing lately. I already did a complete reinstall of it but nothing changed. Every video I've worked with in the last 2 months has been a nightmare to edit.

- Audio drops out completely while editing with no way to get it back without restarting the project.
- Creating a title crashes adobe
- Adobe will freeze up after pausing and trying to play a second later.
- audio drifts out of sync in every file

The entire thing is terrible now, but I need it for working. Any tips on what to do here???

Solution
Use Event Viewer to look for warnings or error codes that occur just before or at the time of the Adobe crashes.

Use Task Manager, Resource Monitor, and Performance Monitor to see what resources are being stretched - look for the higher % values.

Take a close look at your GPU: card seated, drivers up-to-date, configuration settings.

Shut down all unnecessary app, processes, and services. Disable from startup. See if performance improves. If so begin adding them back one by one. May be that there is some conflict with Adobe. You will know which one as Adobe will start crashing again.
Use Event Viewer to look for warnings or error codes that occur just before or at the time of the Adobe crashes.

Use Task Manager, Resource Monitor, and Performance Monitor to see what resources are being stretched - look for the higher % values.

Take a close look at your GPU: card seated, drivers up-to-date, configuration settings.

Shut down all unnecessary app, processes, and services. Disable from startup. See if performance improves. If so begin adding them back one by one. May be that there is some conflict with Adobe. You will know which one as Adobe will start crashing again.

Solution