Ads...

Who would like less intrusive ads?

• More ads please

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jaimerox

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
They are way out of hand and are intrusive. This has been my go to place for years but I'm afraid that the Las Vegas-like atmosphere will throw me into epileptic shock and I've had to block the ads. I'd rather not block the ads since I know that they provide you the means to keep running this site but you've pushed it too far. The floating videos, the endless ads that you have to scroll through. The ads take up more real estate than the articles at times. There has to be a better way. But until then. Cause and effect.

SHaines

Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 1, 2019
They are way out of hand and are intrusive. This has been my go to place for years but I'm afraid that the Las Vegas-like atmosphere will throw me into epileptic shock and I've had to block the ads. I'd rather not block the ads since I know that they provide you the means to keep running this site but you've pushed it too far. The floating videos, the endless ads that you have to scroll through. The ads take up more real estate than the articles at times. There has to be a better way. But until then. Cause and effect.

I definitely hear where you're coming from. These forums won't have ads for active, registered users, so you're referring to the Editorial site articles? If you run into specific ads that are intrusive, or that block content you want to read, please let us know. The more info you can provide the better, so drop us an email ( community@futurenet.com ) so we can pass the specific issue to our Ad Team can remove any problematic ones.

Info we need to address problematic ads as efficiently as possible:
  • URL to specific article on which you saw the ad. Provide as least one link to a specific article, even if you see the ad on more than one.
  • Country in which you saw the ad.
  • Did the ad appear when browsing on your mobile device (phone or tablet) or was this on a laptop or desktop PC?
  • What web browser were you using when it happened? Include the name as well as your version number, please.
Getting this info up front will allow us to find what specific ads are running in a specific region so we can pinpoint it for removal ASAP. Once we get the info requested, we can send it to our Ads Team so they can work on black-listing ad buyers who try to feed us ads that block content behave in ways that aren't intended.

Thanks!

jaimerox

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
It's not that there are ads(rgd1101); That is my not problem. It's the volume of ads and the type of ads and their intrusive style. You scroll past something so that you don't have to see it and when it follows you then you have to click it away. It is very hard for neuro-divergent people like myself to focus. I actually do pay a premium to several sites just to get rid of the ads and would do so here if a premium would confer that and other benefits, to answer your question.

Thank you for the reply shaines, I should have specified that it was talking about the Editorial articles. I appreciate the links, the info, and your general helpfulness. I spent some time trying to find a filter that allows for static ads and removes only dynamic ads, to no avail. Instead, I have decided to open the same window in two different browser windows; One with a blocker and one without. I understand that ads are, at this time a necessary evil.

Chef Boyardee

Prominent
Dec 25, 2020
I actually had to turn adblocker on too. My computer would lock up. There were so many ads, I thought I was on a food blog for a second.

I literally registered to make this comment. That's how bad it is.