Advanced Systemcare as well as possible false flag?

Archgaull

Estimable
Nov 12, 2014
So I use IOBit Uninstaller, and every so often they recommend Advanced System Care. How reliable is it? Currently I use Avast and MalwareBytes, which work very well together and I rarely have any sort of issue with them. Would it be better to switch to Advanced System Care, or should I just stick with what I have.

Also, I keep getting a warning from Avast telling me that I have a virus in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\helper.exe

I've scanned this several times, and each time it comes up negative, even if I have Avast scan it. Is this a false positive?

28GKCBG.png

Solution
If you think you have false positive, scan the file with www.metascan-online.com it has 43 antivirus engines. If only 1 or 2 say positive, it's probably false positive. If a larger number show positive, you have infection for sure.

adamwinn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If you think you have false positive, scan the file with www.metascan-online.com it has 43 antivirus engines. If only 1 or 2 say positive, it's probably false positive. If a larger number show positive, you have infection for sure.

Solution