Advice and Recommendations Needed for a Laptop for College

Voltco

Estimable
Jan 2, 2015
Hello guys!

I am looking for some advice and recommendations for a laptop that I plan to use in my four years of college as an engineering student. I really am unsure of a lot of things in what I really need for a laptop. I have a $1600 budget, but I really would not like to go up all the way. I would like to be able to run engineering programs, play light gaming, but still be very portable and light. I am unsure if I need 15 inches or 13 inches. 13 inches is cheaper, and I have been using those type of small laptops for a while so I'm comfortable. Also, I am honestly unsure if I'll even have time for gaming, so I was wondering that, if I'm going to have a PS4 in my room anyway, do I need to invest heavily in gaming? I am just unsure of many things, and I would love some advice and recommendations from you guys.

Solution
Well I don't know what sort of strain on your laptop engineering programs will have but I am a design student and use a few 3D modelling programs (Don't have any idea if they are similar) and they didn't need an incredibly expensive laptop to use. In terms of gaming though it just depends if you're happy with console gaming? Specially if you don't have time for it. Because investing in a gaming laptop is only going to be worth it if you are going to be using it for either decent games or high demanding programs. But I wouldn't recommend putting an incredible amount of money into your laptop if your unsure on if you will even use the gaming side of it.

Best advice is to figure out if you're happy with your console if you are stick with...

georgelarcombe2240

Prominent
Dec 11, 2017
Well I don't know what sort of strain on your laptop engineering programs will have but I am a design student and use a few 3D modelling programs (Don't have any idea if they are similar) and they didn't need an incredibly expensive laptop to use. In terms of gaming though it just depends if you're happy with console gaming? Specially if you don't have time for it. Because investing in a gaming laptop is only going to be worth it if you are going to be using it for either decent games or high demanding programs. But I wouldn't recommend putting an incredible amount of money into your laptop if your unsure on if you will even use the gaming side of it.

Best advice is to figure out if you're happy with your console if you are stick with it if not then put a little extra and get a decent laptop for games. Also if you know any of the programs you will be using at college then look them up, they often have recommended specs for PC's or laptops so you can base your parts off that if you arn't bothered about gaming.

Solution