Advice needed for recording guitar lessons.

Urumiko

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
Hi I was looking for some general advice which may include purchase of a webcam.

A friend of mine is a guitar teacher and has been sending me lessons to practice, and I've been keeping a video diary to allow him to review my progress,

I found using an old webcam and windows movie maker to have way too low a frame rate to track guitar playing in detail, and it struggles with low light. I have a sony a6000 Compact SLR camera which records fantastic video but limits me to the admitedly quite good, internal mic and cannot record direct to the PC.(it does have a mini hdmi output so i guess a capture card is another option).

I currently have my guitar amp and a vocal mic hooked up to an audio interface & I'd like to use these for audio.

Id like to be able to record from multiple mics and a camera similtaniously, which is mainly down to finding the right software. I'm sure theres something open source and apropriate out there, but can anyone recomend an affordable camera? The specs of most webcams out there are pretty incomplete.

One last note, im uploading the videos to youtube so that's the limiting factor for quality.

Urumiko

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013

Looks pretty good, 30FPS at 1080p, and a Carl Zeiss lens is reassuring, I'd preffer 60fps if possible but that may cost a lot more in which case i'd settle for this.