Solved! Advice needed on upgrade

Nov 13, 2018
Hi, I am currently learning android development.

I have a Lenovo Z51-70 Laptop (Model 80k600w0in). 

Specifications -

i5 5200U 2C/4T

8 GB Memory 1600 MHz

1 TB WD HDD

Ever since I started android development I saw that my laptop freezes/lags many times during creating a new project or running it.

So I thought about getting a ssd in place of HDD, but I monitored Task Manager to see what was going on and saw that my CPU usage also goes to 100%.

So my question is my CPU also limiting performance of my laptop or should I not worry and just buy a new ssd?

What do you think?

Solution
Yep the CPU is at max but a SSD will make a huge difference...An SSD is a quantum leap over a standard HD and you will feel the difference immediately. IT would be interesting to see what temps you are reaching with your CPU in the Laptop...Download Realtemp and monitor your temps...If you are under 80 degrees C, then you do not have a heat issue to contend with...if you are in the 90's degrees under load and above then it could be the CPU throttling...

vMax

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
Yep the CPU is at max but a SSD will make a huge difference...An SSD is a quantum leap over a standard HD and you will feel the difference immediately. IT would be interesting to see what temps you are reaching with your CPU in the Laptop...Download Realtemp and monitor your temps...If you are under 80 degrees C, then you do not have a heat issue to contend with...if you are in the 90's degrees under load and above then it could be the CPU throttling...

Solution