Advice on arranging multiple monitors in Nvidia Control Panel - problem

Lucky TAW

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013
Everything used to work fine. I had 3 monitors (2 1080 and 1 1440) arranged as desired. But then I added a second graphics card (same as the first one), and now I can't seem to get the monitors arranged as desired. I want them in a 1, 2, 3 order, and they will only stay in a 2, 1, 3 order.

When I drag them into the position I want them in and hit Apply, they pop back to the 2,1,3 order. It makes no difference which connection I plug any monitor into, or even which card I plug them into.

Any ideas how to cure this?

EDIT: I tried changing the primary display to #1, then rearranging the order. It worked. But now I can't change the #2 back to primary! This would seem to indicate something, I just don't know what!

Solution
Solved! It seems...

I had to go into Windows 10 Settings/System. There I could change the Main Display (scroll down). Then when I went back into Nvidia Control Panel, I could get things right. Bottom line: Windows 10's Settings may fight with the Nvidia Control Panel, so I needed to work with both.

Lucky TAW

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013
Solved! It seems...

I had to go into Windows 10 Settings/System. There I could change the Main Display (scroll down). Then when I went back into Nvidia Control Panel, I could get things right. Bottom line: Windows 10's Settings may fight with the Nvidia Control Panel, so I needed to work with both.

Solution