Solved! Advice on picture settings for TCL 5 series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2021
I researched 4K TVs and read a review on Tom's Guide about the 5 series TCL Roku TVs. The review was good but said it takes more tweaking by the user out of the box to get a good picture than other similar TVs, and I've definitely found that to be the case. I can't seem to find that review though.

The picture is very crisp, but overly bright in the midtones it seems to me. There's just not a lot of color depth/warmness to the picture.

Has anybody else experienced this/have any advice? I tried the settings here:

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/5-series-2018/settings

But I think I might just not like the way the picture looks on this TV.

Solution
There is no single setting for everyone, your room light, how you like things, the source, the exact model of the TV and the panel used all play a part.

Just tweak things a bit till you find something like better than what it is set to now. It should have some presets also you can try.
There is no single setting for everyone, your room light, how you like things, the source, the exact model of the TV and the panel used all play a part.

Just tweak things a bit till you find something like better than what it is set to now. It should have some presets also you can try.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.