Affordable DVR option

diamond827

Estimable
Apr 26, 2015
I'm looking for a more affordable option to renting a dvr to record the shows I like to watch. The time warner cable package I purchased didn't come with one like I thought it did. I've been researching some of the boxes on the market that allow you to record to a freestanding hard drive or a flash drive but there seem to be quite a few limitations. Anybody have a good experience with these recorders? Is there one you would recommend? Do dvrs from other carriers like direct tv or dish work to record on twc?

Each provider has their own DVR system (some don't actually record in your house but on their server). You can't use a different box. I don't think there is a box that will be able to change the channels on your cable box. Since you would only have one tuner you could not watch one channel and record another at the same time even if it could. There are boxes for over the air recording which might work for you if those are the programs you want to record. The Channel Master is probably the best but there are a lot of them out there.