Affordable USB multiple output soundcards?

PLMRadio

Estimable
Mar 18, 2015
Hey everyone, I'm having trouble finding exactly what I'm looking for and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I run a small internet based radio station. Currently I use RadioDJ automation software to run my station. In tandem with that I have a presonus firepod (firewire) audio interface coupled with a standard hardware mixer. The firepod allows me to assign a multitude of output options for each channel in my automation software. For example, I can run my main mix on output 1, cue on output 2, carts on output 3, etc... and each of these outputs get plugged in to a line on my mixer so I can raise and lower the levels as needed. Then I send the entire mix back to the inputs of the firepod and to my radio encoders.

My problem is that I've been asked to do live remotes from venues and bars. My laptop doesn't have firewire capability so I can't use my firepod. What I'm searching for is an affordable solution so that I can have 2 inputs (L&R) and multiple outputs that appear as separate lines to the software so each can be assigned to it's own output.

I'm open to suggestions but I am on a tight budget. The only thing I've seen that will do what I want is a USB 3 interface that is over 2000 bucks. Trying to find a solution under 500. Thanks for your help!

Kevin

PLMRadio

Estimable
Mar 18, 2015
I need at least 4 outputs. I'm finding all kinds of stuff that provides that many hardware outputs.. but nothing that will actually allow me to map separate software inputs to each of those outputs individually.