After Android 5.0 Jelly Bean Comes Android 6.0 Key Lime Pie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozonic

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
what? most people are still running 2.x.x ICS is not mainstream yet, and they anounce jelly bean? and whats worst they leaked info on "key lime pie"? ...someone is copying firefox with their "updates" name

tomaz99

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
This must be fun for somebody, but I couldn't care what they call it.

Actually it sounds asinine...like a bunch of dorky college guys sitting around thinking what they're going to call their latest iteration.

It doesn't sound professional at all. I can't imagine our CEO at a strategy session saying "Well, what about Jelly Bean? Is Jelly Bean the direction we'd like to go? Who votes for Jelly Bean?".

Reminds me of the stupid MS search "doggy"...I'm a grown man, not a 13 year old girl...I don't need cute dessert names and puppies...

G

@tomaz99 Playful names help to remind people that we are really still just fragile shells of existence. Good for Google for doing something different; some of their ideas work out and some don't...it's called innovation. Besides, when their stock is valued like it is, they are beyond merely "professional" and well into the "guru" level so they don't need to concern themselves with what others would do in the same situation because doing so would only detract from their future successes.

el painto

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
So what I read from the article is that there will be further android updates and there will be names for them. Thanks...

el painto

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
[citation][nom]g-unit1111[/nom]You'd think with all the resources Google has at their disposal that they'd be able to come up with better names than "Ice Cream Sandwich" and "Jelly Bean".[/citation]

I get that, but frankly the names don't really matter to me. What bother's me is that this is mistaken for news. "Hey look guys, google will make more updates and call them such and such! Isn't this exciting!?" No, it's not. The article basically says things are going normally.

Considering Toms generally has pretty interesting articles most of the time, I feel like there's no need for this sort of thing.

brizzelsprout

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
[citation][nom]tomaz99[/nom]This must be fun for somebody, but I couldn't care what they call it.Actually it sounds asinine...like a bunch of dorky college guys sitting around thinking what they're going to call their latest iteration.It doesn't sound professional at all. I can't imagine our CEO at a strategy session saying "Well, what about Jelly Bean? Is Jelly Bean the direction we'd like to go? Who votes for Jelly Bean?".Reminds me of the stupid MS search "doggy"...I'm a grown man, not a 13 year old girl...I don't need cute dessert names and puppies...[/citation]

... you don't know how to have fun do you?

tomaz99

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
[citation][nom]UserNameGoesInHere[/nom]@tomaz99 Playful names help to remind people that we are really still just fragile shells of existence..[/citation]

WHAT?

I think playful names would only help someone remember they are fragile shells of existence if they were a deranged individual

tomaz99

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
[citation][nom]brizzelsprout[/nom]... you don't know how to have fun do you?[/citation]

Yes...yes I do...I'm tickling myself right now and giggle uncontrollably...hehe...just gave my pinky a nick name.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]tomaz99[/nom]This must be fun for somebody, but I couldn't care what they call it.Actually it sounds asinine...like a bunch of dorky college guys sitting around thinking what they're going to call their latest iteration.It doesn't sound professional at all. I can't imagine our CEO at a strategy session saying "Well, what about Jelly Bean? Is Jelly Bean the direction we'd like to go? Who votes for Jelly Bean?".Reminds me of the stupid MS search "doggy"...I'm a grown man, not a 13 year old girl...I don't need cute dessert names and puppies...[/citation]
Come on now, this is Google, they pretty much are a bunch of dorky college kids, you need to keep in mind that they named their company GOOGLE. Considering that is their corporate name how does Key Lime Pie seem weird at all? I personally like that they keep their humor while at the same time pushing out great products.

Status
Not open for further replies.