After formatting my Sony SD memory card it is not getting detected in the camera

divya_87

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
After my Sony SD memory card is formatted in the laptop it is not getting detected in the camera, it says no external memory in the camera. Please help me in resolving this issue.

jimtime

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Did you perform the format by accident or since it reports format error like the card needs to be formatted. Some users of sd card do have such problem when their card has been used for a while. This is not a difficult problem.

However I need you to know that if there are important files stored on your card, you need to read some data recovery rescue first. Recovering files off memory card is easy.

You may stop using your card since anything new written to the drive can make data permanently gone. Try some tool like Recuva

G

Hi Divya,

You may be formatted in a different file system in your laptop. Check the camera's memory file system in the user's manual or check in the support centre. Once you have find out the correct format, do the format again in the laptop with new file system. After formatting the camera my ask formatting again on the camera itself. Perform that as well.
( If you can't find the correct file system of the card then you can try by choosing different file system in the computer)