After I press certain laptop keys, the computer repeated preses enter on its own

AAllison

Estimable
Dec 27, 2015
Hi, I've had this problem for about 2 days now. Out of nowhere, certain keys on my keyboard (c,v,m,q, control, alt, shift, , , . , and / have become an issue. Say for example, if I am in Word and I press c, then the cursor starts running down the page as though I am pressing enter repeatedly. This continues and only stops when I press a key that is unaffected. If I press m on my desktop then an app starting with m repeatedly opens. It's such a difficult situation to explain. But its almost as though the enter key is stuck, even though it's not,and it only happens upon pressing the mentioned keys.

I'm honestly at my wits end. I have removed the enter key and cleaned under it. I have done a registry restore. Checked sticky keys.I've done multiple malware scans. I've removed my battery and let the power run out. I've cleaned my keyboard as best I can. I've even updated from windows 7 to 10 thinking it might be an OS issue. But alas its still acting weird.

I have an Asus k54c and would really appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks and happy holidays :)

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Check keyboard language settings.
- Open Control Panel and look for Region and Language.
- Check all tabs if they are all set to United States.
- If that doesn't work, try pressing those following keys which are not working using your onscreen keyboard (Ease of Access look for Onscreen keyboard)
- Connect an external keyboard and see if the same problem will persist because if does you may need to consider on doing a complete Factory Reset cause it's a problem with your operating system.
- If all these will not work I would suggest replacing the keyboard itself.

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Check keyboard language settings.
- Open Control Panel and look for Region and Language.
- Check all tabs if they are all set to United States.
- If that doesn't work, try pressing those following keys which are not working using your onscreen keyboard (Ease of Access look for Onscreen keyboard)
- Connect an external keyboard and see if the same problem will persist because if does you may need to consider on doing a complete Factory Reset cause it's a problem with your operating system.
- If all these will not work I would suggest replacing the keyboard itself.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kyle Candize Laptop Tech Support 0
K Laptop Tech Support 1
Spacex170 Laptop Tech Support 0
K Laptop Tech Support 0
Haika Laptop Tech Support 3
Masiko1 Laptop Tech Support 1
Crowley91 Laptop Tech Support 1
ony308 Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 2
Fercho0316 Laptop Tech Support 1
O Laptop Tech Support 1