After removing virus, cmd popping up still.

Whitizo

Estimable
Sep 20, 2014
So I got baited by a fishy download link which i stupidly opened the file without thinking it was a fake version of the file i was downloading. Got a virus. I used windows defender and avira anti virus to full scan my pc and I cleared all the virus.
However my cmd prompt keeps opening up, which I believe is the virus attempting to open a file. I found the file which was a shortcut to open cmd and deleted it. I also found a service which was related to the virus and removed it using SC DELETE.
I'm still having it open cmd every so often which is becomming a problem and it's worrying me as I have a lot of sensitive stuff on my pc. I don't really want to fully reinstall windows as it's a pain to get everything back installed and stuff. I've searched my whole PC and I just cannot find the problem.

Another thing the virus did was wipe my startup folder. But I've just manually readded everything.

I'm currently doing a full system scan with malwarebytes to see if it will find something. So far it's found nothing.

IvaKgyu.png

Whitizo

Estimable
Sep 20, 2014

Reinstalling windows was the last thing I want to do. Ill be buying an SSD soon so I will end up doing a full wipe. Malwarebytes solved my problem after a full system scam.

theyeti87

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012

Happy to hear it. Glad your system is back up and running. Thanks for the answer selection!