Age of Empires: Castle Siege Aims for Mobile Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

photoguy73

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
...So is this the new Age of Empires game that has been rumored to be in the works? I was very excited for a new PC version of the game. If this is all that is coming, then I have to say that I am disappointed. I loved Age of Empires 3 but it has been a while now and it needs a refresh. Also, if you are going to make a game for mobile devices then just sell a complete game. I am tired of companies squeezing customers with in-app purchases.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
Also, if you are going to make a game for mobile devices then just sell a complete game. I am tired of companies squeezing customers with in-app purchases.
A lot of times they give the game away for free or charge very little for it. If you spend a total on in-app purchases of between zero and ten bucks, I'd say that's reasonable for a heavily played game. Most well-designed mobile games actually work out to be pretty darn cheap! There *might* be some games that really milk you, but just punish the developer by avoiding those games. Or are you just completely opposed to the idea of a la carte? :/

Console and PC games these days are far worse with costly DLC. Although that's not to say DLC is bad - some of it is excellent. But it can really get quite expensive. Bottom line? Welcome to the digital age.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Console and PC games these days are far worse with costly DLC. Although that's not to say DLC is bad - some of it is excellent. But it can really get quite expensive. Bottom line? Welcome to the digital age.

Compare a phone game that cost near nothing to develop compered to a full blown PC game is comparing apples and oranges or that cheap car vs an Ferrari. They simply cant compare and likely wont for the next 10-15 years...

Status
Not open for further replies.