News AirPods Pro in trouble as Sony WF-1000XM3 get exclusive feature

Mar 6, 2020
Couple of problems:

1. Apple doesn't support aptX, so I'm not sure how adding that feature is going to put the Air Pods Pro "in trouble" as the title suggests. AirPods are purchased primarily by Apple users.
  2. Also, a retracted mention of a feature on a supplier web site is far from confirmation that this feature will ever appear on Sony's earbuds.

I'm an iPhone user with two sets of the Sony earbuds, and I hope they get this feature, but this article is very irresponsible.

Mar 7, 2020
I have to vehemently disagree with the assertion that CDs aren't going to be capable of providing adequate audio fidelity. 44.1 CD sound with well-recorded source material has excellent sound quality and detail, especially since most users are used to listening to highly compressed mp3 and similar formats on their portable devices. I'd suggest you listen to CDs like 'Faith', 'Turbulent Indigo' or'Wish You Were Here' for examples of the sound the medium is capable of.

Mar 8, 2020
I have to vehemently disagree with the assertion that CDs aren't going to be capable of providing adequate audio fidelity. 44.1 CD sound with well-recorded source material has excellent sound quality and detail, especially since most users are used to listening to highly compressed mp3 and similar formats on their portable devices. I'd suggest you listen to CDs like 'Faith', 'Turbulent Indigo' or'Wish You Were Here' for examples of the sound the medium is capable of.

Completely agree. I'd go as far to say that if you can actually hear the difference between 16 bit and 24 bit, it's because they've changed something in the mastering process. Also, most of the commercial recordings available today don't give you 24 bits of actual resolution. They're 16 bits in a 24 bit container. All you're getting is noise.

Redbook CD 44.1 recordings provide everything you need in the full range of human hearing - 2khz to 20khz. 24 bit gives the recording studio more headroom for noise filters & other things when they're mixing/editing their music. Recordings are generally 24 bit, but they get mixed down to 16 bit. You'd never know the difference.

Reactions: Carbonman_