Alienware 14 - Battery charging intermittently

Rajesh_86

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016
Hi,

I didn't have any issues for the past 2 years with my Alienware 14. But, today the battery started charging intermittently when plugged to the power. I unplugged the battery and turned on the laptop connected to the power. It worked well without power interruption at all. So, is the problem with the battery ? How do i fix this issue ?

Thanks and regards.

Solution
It could be the battery, which would probably mean the battery needs replacing... or... which sounds more likely... it is the power cord that is the issue.

When a cord starts to go, it often will only run the device without charging the battery at the same time. Leading to what was happening for you. If you can borrow a cord from someone else and try it on your device, and try yours on theirs, that will give you a better ideas of if it is the issue.
It could be the battery, which would probably mean the battery needs replacing... or... which sounds more likely... it is the power cord that is the issue.

When a cord starts to go, it often will only run the device without charging the battery at the same time. Leading to what was happening for you. If you can borrow a cord from someone else and try it on your device, and try yours on theirs, that will give you a better ideas of if it is the issue.

Solution