Question Alienware 14 Temps High

May 3, 2021
Hello my laptop is alienware 14. its cpu temperature when idle or doing normal work remains at 60 to 75 degree and GPU temperatures remains at 50 to 60 degrees.
And during gaming my CPU temps go nearly 80 to 90 degrees and GPU temps at 65 to 75 degrees Celsius.

I wanted to know that if these temperatures are fine or should i do something about them like cleaning laptop and repasting?
P.S I live in hot place where mostly temperatures are nearly 35 to 40 degrees outside and room temperature is around 30.
Thanks

I think your temps are high but probably not dangerous (close though). Laptops run hot because cooling is a difficult thermal issue and vendors don't want to spend any more money on it that necessary. Others may (will) disagree, but in my experience, many problems are created by opening up your laptop. I have seen countless "I cleaned my laptop inside and now it doesn't work....". The problem is experience and technique. Many youtube videos are just other hackers with no training. If you walk into a manufacturing facility you will find a great deal of attention is paid to ESD precautions (look it up). This includes proper personal grounding, grounded workstations and no use of static generating items like most brushes, paper and tissue and vacuum cleaners. This is not to mention how to properly deal with internal connectors and such. Open it up if you must but do a lot of research first. ESD damage can happen at voltages far below human perception and can be latent (showing up later).

Reactions: tariq455
May 3, 2021
well i think these temps are fine...as u say not dangerous...i will think about opening and repasting after a year maybe....
thanks for the answer