Alienware 17R4 Motherboard

Mikirae

Prominent
Apr 12, 2017
My Alienware 17R4's motherboard died, and I think that the GPU and CPU probably still work on it, so I was going to order a motherboard from eBay that doesn't have the GPU or CPU on it. The issue is, I'm not sure how to tell whether or not the motherboard would work for my laptop. Is there a way that I can know what would work before I ordered it?

Solution
If capable you can try building your own, sure. However, just because you put it together doesn't mean it will work correctly in the laptop.

Manufacturers are quite good at making it harder and hard to use alternate or constructed part. So if something doesn't match the specs they set it up to use, then the device may not run, or not run correctly.

Mikirae

Prominent
Apr 12, 2017

Why can’t i just get a blank 17 R4 motherboard and add my parts to it?

If capable you can try building your own, sure. However, just because you put it together doesn't mean it will work correctly in the laptop.

Manufacturers are quite good at making it harder and hard to use alternate or constructed part. So if something doesn't match the specs they set it up to use, then the device may not run, or not run correctly.

Solution