Review Alienware AW3423DWF QD-OLED gaming monitor review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 1, 2022
I continue to fail to see why the conversation about how Alienware handicapped the colour bit depth on the DWF is not being discussed. The DW can do 10bit colour@144Hz without HDMI 2.1. However, the DWF can only natively do 10 bit colour @100Hz, or 120Hz if forced via custom resolution. Alienware also confirms the DWF is only HDMI 2.0 not 2.1 I wonder if the DWF panels did not quite make the cut for G-Sync Ultimate but still functions ALMOST as well.

Dec 2, 2022
I continue to fail to see why the conversation about how Alienware handicapped the colour bit depth on the DWF is not being discussed. The DW can do 10bit colour@144Hz without HDMI 2.1. However, the DWF can only natively do 10 bit colour @100Hz, or 120Hz if forced via custom resolution. Alienware also confirms the DWF is only HDMI 2.0 not 2.1 I wonder if the DWF panels did not quite make the cut for G-Sync Ultimate but still functions ALMOST as well.

Not true. You can do 157Hz at 10 bit via DisplayPort using custom resolution and CVT timing.

Dec 1, 2022
I had specified 100Hz natively. Setting custom resolutions can also be dangerous to your monitor if you do not know what you are doing and can void warranties if you set settings the monitor can not do including polarities. If the panel can not natively match the DW that needs to be discussed.

Reactions: s1aver
Dec 3, 2022
This is a HDMI 2.0 not 2.1 it's & freesync premium not G-sync ultimate. Can some compare the DW's HDR dynamic tone mapping to the DWF in HDR 1000 and source tone mapping. The DW's/Nvidia's dynamic tone mapping was spot on, interested in seeing how the DWF compares in this respect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.