Alienware laptop ( should I buy or build)

Iamnerner

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
Hi guys. Please help me out. I am looking for to buy an AW 17 for around $1500 but I was referred to This site by a friend so that I could see if I would build one for around the same price, but with better qualities. I want this for gaming and architectural purposes. I am in love with the alienware look. I know that I will need an i7 for architecture. I really need something that will last for years to come. These are games I want to be able to play:
Fallout 3
Batman arkham origins
Thief(the upcoming one)
Dying light
Half life 2/ counterstrike/ gmod
Dishonored

P.s. I am the type of person who spend all night playing games

I have gone to PCpartpicker and I don't have a clear Idea where to start. I would love some help. Thank you very much

faalin

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
well I tell you this. a normal person cant build a laptop, it just isn't going to happen. There are a few companies that will do upgrades but it is nowhere close to building a desktop.

On a side note alienware are way overpriced for what they are. look into xoticpc.com, powernotebooks.com, falcon-nw.com, originpc.com, and ibuypower.com There are many more websites out there just google custom laptops, I for one have a msi GT60 2OD and game with it every weekend with friends instead of dragging my desktop to my friends house. One of them has a alienware desktop that he paid about 200$ less then I did for my laptop and I can run circles around him.